THE PRINTED HEAD
(For other Atlas Press series click here)
The Printed Head (a literal translation of “tirage de tête”) was conceived as a series of shorter works to which our more enthusiastic readers subscribed in advance. At the end of each series they received an extra volume and a slipcase to contain the set of publications. It proved hard to sustain this project over the years and the fourth series is yet to be completed (we hope this can be achieved very soon). Individual issues could also be purchased by non-subscribers. When the time came to make the slipcases we usually ordered 10 extra cases, since this allowed us to discard any that were badly made. Subsequently we have used these extra cases to assemble a few extra sets with un-numbered copies which we offer for sale as “supplementary” sets. There are very few of these (indicated below), we also have a very small number of complete sets of the numbered editions.
We have a small number of spare boxes for the Printed Head, £30 each, contact email@example.com for information.
Format: 21 x 14.5 cm. 250 numbered copies, of which numbers 1 to 50 are signed where possible. Numbers 1 to 150 are reserved for subscribers and slipcased (one supplementary set), and 151 to 250 being available individually.
1. Achim Von Arnim GENTRY BY ENTAILMENT
2. Cecil Helman THE GOLDEN TOENAILS OF AMBROSIO P
3. Albert Ehrenstein TUBUTSCH
4. Remy de Gourmont STORIES IN BLUE, BLACK, VIOLET, GREEN & MAUVE
5. Oskar Pastior POEMPOEMS
6. Harry Mathews THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE
7. Rikki Ducornet THE BUTCHER’S TALES
8. Benjamin Péret MAD BALLS
9. Xavier Forneret THE DIAMOND IN THE GRASS
10. Eric Basso EQUUS CABALLUS
11. Marcel Mariën THE LIFE AND DEATH OF LA BELLE DESIDERATA
12. Günter Brus PICTUREPOEMS
13. Alastair Brotchie DOCUMENTS PERTAINING TO UBIC GESTATION
Format: 21 x 13.5 cm. 300 numbered copies, of which numbers 1 to 50 are signed where possible. Numbers 1 to 150 are reserved for subscribers and slipcased (no supplementary sets), 151 to 300 being available individually.
1. Saint-Pol-Roux PAUSES IN THE PROCESSION
2. H. C. Artmann SWEAT AND INDUSTRY
3/4. Alfred Jarry CAESAR ANTICHRIST
5. Oskar Panizza THE COUNCIL OF LOVE
6. Robert Desnos MOURNING FOR MOURNING
7/8. Gerhard Roth THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF ALBERT EINSTEIN
9. Jacques Rigaut LORD PATCHOGUE & OTHER TEXTS
10. Grayson Perry CYCLE OF VIOLENCE
11/12. The College of ’Pataphysics THE TRUE, THE GOOD, THE BEAUTIFUL. AN ELEMENTARY CHRESTOMATHY OF ’PATAPHYSICS
Format: 21 x 13.5 cm. 300 numbered copies, of which numbers 1 to 50 are signed where possible. Numbers 1 to 150 are reserved for subscribers (7 supplementary sets), 151 to 300 being available individually.
1. Jacques Vaché WAR LETTERS
2. Unica Zürn THE HOUSE OF ILLNESSES
3. Peter Blegvad HEADCHEESE
4. Alfred Jarry & Henry Meyer THE ANTLIACLASTS
5. Georges Limbour 4 STORIES
6. Pol Bury PAINTINGS OF THE FORTUITOUS SCHOOL IN PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
7. Konrad Bayer THE HEAD OF VITUS BERING
8. Paul Nougé WORKS SELECTED BY MARCEL MARIËN
9. Hans Henny Jahnn THE NIGHT OF LEAD
10. The College of ’Pataphysics A TRUE HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE OF ’PATAPHYSICS
11. XIANA 2
SERIES IV (ongoing)
Format: 21 x 13.5 cm. 300 numbered copies, of which numbers 1 to 50 are signed where possible. Numbers 1 to 200 are reserved for subscribers, 201 to 300 being available individually. Slipcases yet to be issued. We envisage completing this series during the next few months at which point complete sets will be available to first comers. To reserve a copy contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1/2. Federico García Lorca THE UNKNOWN LORCA
3. Donald Parsnips AN A TO Z FOR THE EFFECTIVE USE OF YOUR CITY
4/5. Jehan Sylvius & Pierre de Ruysnes THE DEVIL’S POPESS
6. Max Jacob THE DICE CUP
7. H. C. Artmann SKEWED TALES
8/9. Gerhard Roth ON THE BRINK
10/11. Theo Van Doesburg WHAT IS DADA???
12. Urmuz THE COMPLETE WORKS
13. Alphonse Allais APRIL FOOLISH ALBUM